Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yes another post! (2 in one week!)

Well, I have a few minutes so i decided to post on here.

The last post I talked about all the new "toys" in EMS. Well, I was working my part time job the other day and responded to a person having trouble breathing. As most of you know, this sounds like a routing diff. breathing call. So my partner and I make our way to the apartment that called 911. When we entered the room there was this person laying there working so hard to breath! This person was in pretty bad shape as he was BLUE!!! I kid you not, really blue! We looked at each other and in my head I said some choice words! We quickly moved him to the cot and out to the rig. The whole time all I could think was this is not good! So I pulled out the handy dandy C-PAP. I have only used this a couple times since it was placed in the rigs and have not had the best results. Others talk about how well it works and usually turns the patients right around. So I placed this on the patient and by the time we got to the hospital he was not quite so blue. Guess it worked.

Had we not had this new tool we probably would have had to assist this patient with the bvm and probably would of had to intubate the patient.

Today I received my confirmation that I am registered to take my National Paramedic Practical test on May 30th. I am not really looking forward to this but dont have much of a choice as my employer is making us become National Certified. Wish me luck!

No comments: